Our childcare centre strives to provide a safe and healthy environment for our children and staff.
When children are unwell, they need to be kept at home. Please do not bring your children to the Centre if they have any of the following symptoms:
- High temperature
- Inflamed throat or eyes
- Unidentified rash
- Upset stomach or diarrhoea
Parents will be contacted immediately if their child becomes unwell during the day. Your child will be isolated from the other children and a staff member will keep them comfortable until you arrive to collect them. If your child should develop a communicable illness, the Centre will require a doctor’s release certificate before the child can be readmitted to the Centre. If a child is sick and cannot attend, normal fees will apply unless their “holiday” credit is utilised, as detailed below.
Parents are asked to supply a copy of their child’s immunisation records on enrolment. Our staff need to be authorised to dispense medication when required. Parents need to sign the medicine book and give authorisation as appropriate. Please do not leave medication in your child’s bag. All medicines need to be labelled with your child’s name, doctor’s name, name of medication, dosage and times to be taken.
Any special needs should be discussed between parents and supervisor and a plan for the day agreed upon.
Full fees are payable for all holidays, statutory holidays, sickness and absences. Adventureland will be closed over Christmas for 2 weeks. No fees will be paid over this time.
Arrival and departure
On arrival at Adventureland childcare centre, please personally ensure your child is safely in the care of one of our staff before you leave.
On departure, children will only be permitted to leave the Centre with an adult who is authorised on their enrolment form.
Our qualified teachers are certified in first aid and first aid equipment is available at the Centre at all times.
Any injuries that occur are recorded in our accident book and reported to parents. In an emergency, a child will be transferred to hospital if it appears appropriate, and parents contacted immediately.
Please provide washable clothing as our days include eating, painting and outdoor activities. While our childcare centre has summer air-conditioning and winter heating, please ensure that clothing is appropriate for the weather when playing outdoors and that all items are clearly labelled.
Adventureland childcare centre has an extensive range of educational toys and activities, so please do not send toys to the Centre, except at the beginning when your child is adjusting to the new environment and a favourite toy or blanket may be a comfort.
Adventureland has full kitchen facilities and provides fresh and nourishing food every day. Special requirements can generally be accommodated on request. Babies’ daily diaries will show parents what their child has had to eat each day.
We provide food three times a day as follows:
- Morning tea includes fresh/dried fruit and sandwiches with spreads.
- Lunch is healthy cooked food prepared daily on the premises including vegetables, fish, chicken, meat, rice, noodles, etc.
- Afternoon tea includes fresh/dried fruit, sandwiches or home baking.
Fees and conditions
- Fees must be paid weekly, in advance, by automatic payment receivable each Friday morning for the following week. Please note that fees are calculated on a 52-week basis including holidays, sickness and absence.
- A booking fee of $50 (non-refundable) is charged per child when enrolling or going on the waiting list.
- Minimum attendance – two days per week.
- 15% discount given to families with two or more children attending the centre.
- Centre hours from 7:30 AM to 5:30 PM.
- “Short days” from 8:30 AM to 3:30 PM and “long days” from 7:30 AM to 5:30 PM.
- Nappies are supplied.
- Nutritious food is provided three times per day – mid morning, lunch and mid afternoon. Special needs accommodated when required.